Thursday, September 27, 2012

Organic & Breastfeeding

When I was doing the elimination diet and following my son's reactions he was reacting to me not eating the slightest bit of chemically covered vegetables.  By this I mean not organic of course. He wasn't reacting right away it took about 2-3 days for my food intake to get to my milk to him.  He wasn't reacting to things like salt and pepper and spices, since he became allergic to cinnamon I could eat cinnamon just fine it's weird how kids react differently. If chemicals passed through breastmilk then why do they always tell you what you eat is fine. I suppose if your child has a strong gut then it wouldn't trigger a reaction but it will still effect him. As I think further on this the chances of him getting a cold or something from me not pumping up my breastmilk with more awesome immune boosting foods is increased when I don't eat healthy. He is currently doing really well minus the fact that my husband has come home and the house is filled with bad food he keeps getting his little fingers on. I have found that activated charcoal relieves his belly pains within 15 minutes. He loves it and thinks it is chocolate milk which he has never had before lol. I'm so glad the last 6 months of hell have paid off well and he is finally doing well! As the naturopath said as long as he gets a well rounded diet weekly not daily like an adult then he will be just fine! :) So having a whole broccoli for lunch and eating a whole bowl of peas for a snack is ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment