Friday, September 28, 2012

We call these rice cakes :)

I took an old family recipe which was my favorite and turned it into amazingness allergy free for my son to enjoy!
Recipe:
I used about 2cups of leftover brown rice 3/4 cup of liquid- I used coconut milk from the can
I used 2tsp of chia seed pudding leftovers or you could use 2 eggs or an egg replacer
1cup of pancake mix
+you could add a tsp of sweetner as well we don't

This made about half of a medium sized mixing bowl. Then I put them into my cake pop maker and smashed them and they took about 4minutes on each side. They look like little hashbrowns. I used some frozen blueberries with some water in the bullet mixer and then poured some on top it soaks then right up and they taste good with a little maple syrup poured on top for some sweetness.
This recipe makes a ton!
These will freeze really good because the pancakes do!

::If you don't have a cake pop maker::
You could use a normal muffin tin fill them only about and inch full. Bake for maybe 10-15 minutes on 350* I'm not sure I would just watch them closely. I usually bake my pancakes German style and it takes about 20minutes.
The smaller the better if you are using gluten free pancake mix because they tend to not rise and you don't want a gooey center.






No comments:

Post a Comment