Thursday, September 27, 2012

We are Paleo Vegan

When finding recipes which I recently made a fabulous pancake recipe and forgot to write it down and then turned those into goldfish shaped pb&j's they were so delicious! Anyway we bake paleo meaning no grains and then for our protien source we use quinoa mostly and sometimes brown rice but I don't like to use anything but quinoa. My son doesn't really do good with lentils or rice for digesting. He has FPIES to casein so no dairy falls into the paleo and has big issues with gluten and corn so also falls into the grain free lifestyle of paleo. He does absolutely terrible with eggs and turkey and pork. It takes him 7days to recover from them for sure after an upset. So that is where the vegan lifestyle began. Vegans tend to use alot of grains though. Which he doesn't do well with so I bake mostly using Paleo recipes. Which is absolutely fabulous and has great flavor. If your going to do this though you need to order in bulk! :) I love the vegetable recipes that paleo diets consist of and seasoning. We were juicing daily for vitamin intake and making sure he was getting the right amount of vitamins in his diet but Summer is ending soon and the greens we usually use are all gone locally anyway which is pretty much all he can tolerate the freshest of the fresh. He cannot eat stuff from the store because there sprayed with fungicide. Most of the organic usda approved stuff is as well so we can only go to about 3 booths at the farmers market. I have never like tomatoes and they have the most fabulous tomatoes! I also believe in full term breastfeeding like the paleo lifestyle follows as well. This way he will be healthier for the rest of his life if I just donate my time to him for the something like 1% of his life that requires it! :) If my husband goes hunting this season my son will be allowed to eat Deer but that's only because it's fresh caught and not processed or sprayed with anything and we can butcher it and package it ourselves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment