Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chemical free means corn.free household!

We are officially chemical.free. I hate how everyone says it's impossible to avoid cancer or chemicals that cause cancer. It's actually extremely easy and cheap. I use Dr. Bronner's liquid soap it has 18-1 uses and on there website it tells you how! We use it for all our soap replacing just by diluting it and using a foam soap dispenser. I use my 2-1 bissel steam mop to clean and disinfect everything it has the hand attatchment to clean the toilets, sink, mirrors have no streak, stainless steal is amazing, the floors are actually sanitary enough to eat off of without getting some chemicals in your mouth. I can't believe how easy it was to clean poop off my sons wall when he tried to draw a mural! The Eww of motherly.duties. I didn't even have to touch it either the steam mop was amazing! We use squiggle toothpaste even though we could use Dr. Bronners. For shampoo and conditioner I use nothing I went down from doing a baking soda strip on my hair to nothing. I can hand swipe tangles out, no more nasty dreads in the back of my head at night. My hair shines in a good way. I do use a boar brissle brush and brush in the morning and at night this is the best! I have one that has long and short bristles to get to your scalp to evenly distribute the oil down the hair strand. It was like a $50 extensions brush but it is amazing! I have beach hair now because the PH in my scalp is balances and not blocked by shampoo residue. I don't use any products on my hair but some real coconut oil the cooking raw kind found in health food stores for some fly away control. Which actually strengthens the hair when I use it instead of just a temporary fix. I don't color my hair because I have two kids and no time. But I would just go outside with lemon and salt water combo and bask in the sun if I did. The kids use Dr. Bronners baby on there skin and coconut oil for dry patches as well. Ok I do use some bad mascara but all mascara is bad even if it is plant based. We use Charlie's soap for cloth diapers and clothes and some lavender oil in the vent in the dryer and it makes everything including the house smell good. I use baking soda and lemon for spots or stains. Or I just throw lemon juice in the steam cleaner and add some sun on the porch. It's super fast. So really not expensive and the Bronners pasta forever and comes in different scents and uses like tea tree is antifungal and citrus is a good kitchen cleaner. I use it in the dishwasher. I was using Apple Cider Vinegar in the glass cleaner in there but it works fine without it. Just 1tsp in each compartment no matter what size the load. Any questions I'd be happy to answer them! The reason behind this all is my son is allergic to corn and its used quite a lot in chemicals and the fumes or smells are corn and have carcinogen toxins in them! So he kept getting into the baby soap and getting sick. Skin is one of our largest organs and by rubbing things into our skin it gets into your system pretty fast. So be careful what you use it does effect you even though you may be tolerable.
Here is a picture I took as soon as I woke up. Loving the beach hair and my curls that I hardly could ever get to show!

No comments:

Post a Comment